You may have a collection of swaddles in trendy prints but it’s quite possible you don’t know how to swaddle, or aren’t doing it correctly. But we've made it easy for you.
Here are the simple steps to folding up your newborn in a swaddle.
- Grab a square swaddle (you'll find ours here).
- Lay the blanket out in front of you with a corner facing you to make a diamond shape.
- Fold the top corner of the swaddle down
- Place your baby in the middle of the swaddle blanket, with their head just above the folded corner of the swaddle.
- Take the right corner of the swaddle and wrap it around your baby, tucking the corner under your baby’s back
- Take the bottom corner of the swaddle and fold it up, tucking it under the folded fabric under your baby’s chin.
- Take the left corner of the swaddle, and wrap it around your baby, tucking the corner under your baby’s back again. Pictured swaddle is available here!
It’s a simple process that can seem daunting when you have a flailing, fussy baby who seemingly does not want to be wrapped up in a blanket, but once you get through it, it will become second nature. And you’ll have a calm baby to prove it works! Read our infographic about the 5 S's to learn more about soothing babies, or watch our video here!